Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Alright...So I Suck At Blogging

I know I created this blog so I could stay on top of my weight and stay motivated. Well I have not been good about blogging but I sure have been with my weight. I have not had ANY candy, cookies or desserts of any sort for almost 4 weeks now. Not even a lick or a tiny bite! NOTHING. I didn't realize how crappy soda made me feel. Not to mention all the processed crap I ate. I am loving all the fresh veggies and fruits. I really look forward to cooking with the fresh ingredients. I also love going to the local farmer's market. Such good stuff there.
I now feel confident in my basic knowledge of healthy eating to get my family on board. I'm going to try and feed the kids as little processed food as possible. To try and get most all of the 'junk' food out of the house. To make my own treats for us. Like this yummy recipe from my sister Sharlee...SO GOOD!!
Healthy Almond Breakfast bars!
1/2 C Canola Oil (Can use olive oil, but I prefer the taste of Canola)
1/2 C Honey
2t Vanilla
1 egg
2 C Oatmeal
3/4 C Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 C Brown Sugar (I usually cut it down to 1/4 C and it still tastes good)
1/2 C Sliced Almonds
1/2 C toasted Wheat Germ
1/4 C ground flax seed
1/2 C Raisins & Cranberries (I also add dried blueberries or white raisins)
3/4 t Salt

*Line a 9x13 pan with foil, grease foil with Canola oil
*Mix oil, honey, vanilla and egg
*In a large bowl, with a fork mix oats, flour, sugar, almonds, wheat
germ, flax seed, fried fruits and salt until combined.
*With a rubber spatula stir wet mix into dry mix until blended.
*Scrape into prepared pan, pat oat mixture evenly into pan. Bake 30-35
min until pale golden brown.
*Cool completely in pan on wire rack for 1 hour. Cut into 2 inch
squares using pizza cutter or sharp knife.

You can add other stuff that appeals to you too. I highly suggest you try these!
So...my weight is way down. almost 10lbs!! I am feeling so much better about my self, my blood pressure is down, my back doesn't hurt like it used to and either does my neck. I am hoping to actually start running soon. My body has hurt too badly to do it. Think I will give it another go soon.

Todays weight: 184
Shirt size: L
Pant size: 14ish (the booty is hanging on for dear life!)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!!! You can do it, I think starting is that hardest part because you can be so unsure.
    I am attempting healthier food and have purchased a fruit juicer so I can make fresh juice for my family.

    ReplyDelete